Sunday, February 26, 2012

Love Always Leaves A Mark


So, I first heard the statement in a book. The book was The Shack and in my humble opinion, you need to get up now and run to the store and buy it or click on the link and let amazon do all the work for you. Do it. It will change your life, I promise. Love always leaves a mark.

I must say that God gave me that name, he put it in that book and he knew that it would make a lasting impression on my soul. I read that line in the book over and over again. The first time I read the book about 4 years ago I skipped right over that line with not a thought in my head. But in September, when it seemed our world was falling apart, love always leaves a mark seemed to penetrate to the depths of my soul. You see, somehow it all comes back to love. It started with love and it will all end with love. Love is sort of like eternity, it never ends. I must say that when this life does end I hope our love scars will be visible in heaven. I hope that everyone will be able to see where I've loved another and where another has loved me. I'll have scars all over the place...

Scars of love from childhood; giggles with Daddy and cuddle-bugging with Mommy. Scars of love from a wedding gone wrong. Scars of love from the time and effort it took to form a marriage; pure and honest before the Lord. Scars of love from watching my nephews grow up and getting sweet kisses from them almost every day. Scars of love from that first pregnancy test to the day we held her lifeless body in our arms. Scars of love from all those hugs we received after August 13th. Scars of love from all those cards we still receive in the mail each week. Scars of love.

See, scars don't have to be bad. Some of my scars were due to being loved so deeply and laughing until it hurt but some of them are due to pain and suffering. God gives us many, all shapes and sizes. Your scars shout your story to this world. I am so happy that God gave me the scars that he did. I look at others and know that I would never want their scars, I want mine; the ones that God planned for me before I was ever even created. My scars show the love I have received and the love I have given. Love Always Leaves A Mark.

1 John 4:9
God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.       


Jesus left some serious marks. He was compelled, by his love, to die. In The Shack God says "Love always leaves a significant mark..." Oh, let that sink in to your soul. My Jesus's love cost him everything! He died so that I might live. He died so that I could love. His love left a mark on me, another one that will be visible when I get to eternity. Elle has his love all over her right now, I just know it. It's beautiful; beautiful love. Let your scars be the same to you, beautiful because of the love of Jesus.

Let love leave a mark on you and let your love leave a mark on others.

So, the song above is new and I love it and I had to share it. It is very personal, so it seems, to the singer but the message is so true and clear in my life right now. He has been with me all this time...amen.

It was you and I
You've been walking with me all this time

Elle's Mommy


2 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Nicki I am so very sorry for your loss,I understand some of your pain. Thank you for sharing your story,I'm finally learning that I am not alone.

Megan said...

Following your blog now after seeing your post on that "oversharing" article.
I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl. Please feel free to read any of my blogs (the gaggle grows will lead you to the most current one).