Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Month of Goodbyes...

Saying goodbye is never fun...
 
 
We did it earlier this month with these crazy kids...Oh, it was not easy. We sent them off to Missouri and I felt a little bit like a mama leaving her baby. She is my sister but she is 8 years younger and I have always tried to boss her around like a mama would do. I cried a lot but I knew it was the best for her and her hubby of 7 months. I know that she will learn how to be the woman that God wants her to be and I will be so proud when I see all that he has made her. I miss her like crazy and life here is just not the same. It's not nearly as fun and definitely not as crazy. They brought crazy like nobody can and it used to drive me insane but these days I am missing crazy. I feel a deep sadness and I keep asking Jesus what it is but I am pretty sure I know. My heart is having to get used to change...again. This is just crappy... Today my God reminded me that he is always present just like I have said here many times.
 
Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.
 
He is right beside me when it feels like everything is changing and life is not the way I want it to be. He is with me and he is with Rob and Rachel. He is just a whisper away when life gets a little crazy or a little sad.
 
My beautiful sissy and her handsome hubby
 
The goodbyes are continuing today as we say goodbye to a family that has been a solid rock for us through life's toughest moments...
 
Mat, Kim and Annalise...
 
I hardly have words to describe the ache that will remain when they leave. They have been great friends for six years. We have grown together and become family to one another. They stood right beside us when the bottom fell out and there are not words to say how grateful we were for them. They asked questions, they said her name, they talked about her, they made us feel normal when everything around us was not at all normal. They allowed us the privilege of loving their daughter in ways that we could not love our own. The ache will be deep; very, very deep. We love you and we know that God's plan is the best plan. We hope that life after today brings joy and the change that God wants in your hearts. We love you more than words can express...Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts.
 
 
 
Philippians 1:3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
 
Be close today and this week, Jesus, as our church says goodbye to great friends. Thank you for the time you gave us with them. Thank you for blessing us by bringing them to us for six years. Give comfort and peace where it is needed. Be near my heart this month and in the coming months as change is never easy for me. Keep reminding me that you are near and this change is a good change. Keep Rob and Rachel and Mat, Kim and Annalise in your embrace. Give them all that they need and change them in the ways that you deem fit. Thank you so much for always giving and always loving and always changing us...
 
 
Elle's Mommy

No comments: